We are pleased to announce the renewal of the Beckman Scholars Program at KU. We are currently seeking applications from eligible scholars that are due on March 1st. Program and eligibility requirements can be found at (http://beckman.ku.edu/).
Please email questions to email@example.com .
KU Beckman Scholars Program
Funded by the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation, the Beckman Scholars Program seeks to foster the next generation of creative thinkers by stimulating, encouraging, and supporting research by outstanding undergraduates who have demonstrated the desire and potential for becoming future scientific leaders.
Scholars embark on a 15 month program designed to enrich their development as students and scientists through innovative research, mentoring, collaboration and practice in effective communication. The program offers students a unique opportunity to become immersed in the scientific community. To reward talented undergraduate scholars, the program pays $21,000 to the scholar that can be applied to college living expenses, as well as used for travel to scientific meetings to present their research. An additional $5,000 is awarded to the scholar’s faculty mentor to support the research in the mentor’s laboratory.
- Pursuing a B.S. degree in one of the following major subject areas:
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Sophomore standing or 2 years from B.S. degree completion.
- Have and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Plans to pursue a Ph.D. or similar advanced science degree.
- If selected, a commitment to work in a designated research mentor's laboratory for 15 months, including two full summers (40 hours/week) and a minimum of 10 hours per week during the academic year.
- Submit a completed application.