Undergraduate Biology Graduation Recognition Ceremony
Dear Graduating Seniors,
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from the University of Kansas. As you know, the University of Kansas has postponed the in-person graduation ceremony, and Undergraduate Biology has therefore also postponed our in-person ceremony. We know your last semester was not what any of us had planned. We wish that we could celebrate with you in person at this time, but hope that we will still have that opportunity later in the year. Please know that we are so excited and proud of you for all that you have accomplished.
Until we can come together to celebrate in person, we’d like to recognize you and celebrate this accomplishment through a virtual recognition ceremony. We invite each of you to send in an 8-10 second video where you share your name, major, and plans after graduation. We’ll compile these videos alphabetically to share on our website on graduation weekend (May 16th). We hope that you will consider participating!
Please complete the form under 2020 Virtual Graduation Information. Here you’ll find instructions for uploading your video and voting for your favorite biology professors. Please do so as soon as possible and no later than Friday, May 8th to be included.
Please do not hesitate to contact Lindsey Deaver, Associate Director of Undergraduate Biology, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-7388 if you have any questions or need more information. We look forward to sharing this achievement with you, even if only virtually until we can come together again.
Professor and Chair
Professor and Chair
Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Degrees offered through KU Biology:
B.A. Biochemistry, B.S. Biochemistry, B.A. Biology, B.S. Biology (Cell Biology; Ecology and Evolutionary Biology; Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology; Genetics; Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology; Neurobiology; Organismal Biology; and Teaching Biology), B.A. Human Biology (Anthropology, Applied Behavioral Science, Biology, Psychology, and Speech-Language-Hearing), B.A. Microbiology, B.S. Microbiology, B.S. Molecular Biosciences, and B.A.S. Biotechnology.
2020 Virtual Graduation Information
Please complete the online form no later than Friday, May 8th. Within this form, you’ll find:
- An option to upload your 8-10 second video
- Nomination for your favorite professor
- Indicate how your name should be printed in the online program
Instructions to upload video
- Record an 8-10 second video sharing your name, major(s) and/or minor(s), and plans following graduation. Please record in landscape if possible.
- Name the video “LastName, FirstName” to help us easily identify and alphabetize videos (save as .mp4, .mov, .m4v).
- Upload the video in the online form above.
- Complete this no later than Friday, May 8th.
Guidelines for video
- Please feel free to include loved ones in your video if you prefer (family members, friends, pets, etc.). However, please only state your name, major/minor, and plans after graduation to keep the video ~10 seconds and enable us enough time to include everyone’s videos.
- Choose your preferred attire: consider wearing cap and gown, KU gear, or other fun, celebratory attire (as long as you wear something and it’s appropriate).
- Please ensure your videos are respectful and appropriate. If the video doesn’t meet these guidelines, we may not include or will ask you to resubmit.
- If you have any technology or other restrictions that prevent creating or uploading a video, please contact the Associate Director, Lindsey Deaver at email@example.com or 785-864-7388.
Students must apply to graduate on-line by signing into the Enroll & Pay system. Click on the Degree Progress & Graduation tile. For further information, see the College Advising and Student Services graduation page.
The deadline for submitting the Application for Degree (AFD) is as follows; students are urged to submit their AFD during the semester before they plan to graduate:
• Spring – March 1 (to guarantee inclusion in the official Commencement program, students should turn in AFD by March 1)
• Summer – July 15
• Fall – November 2
Still looking for a job?
If you do not have a job, or plans to attend graduate school, and are not sure what careers you can pursue with a biology degree, please visit our Student Resources page.